Results-Driven Website Design
Content Management Systems
Your site's content is crucial, not just for visitor experience, but also for the way search engines rank your site. Regular updates to your content keeps people coming back and tells search engines that your site is current and relevant. Easier said than done right? Paying a web specialist to do this isn't always cost effective, and changes are never as quick as you'd like them to be.
Solution: A Design Chemistry content management system (CMS). Quickly and easily update site content yourself through your web browser, log in, choose a page, and edit your content! It works a lot like a standard word processor so you don't need to know HTML or any other techno-speak, and it's customized for your specific company needs and skill set.
The CMS is available 24/7 as much as you need it, and there are no usage charges, only for the installation. For a free quote on a customized content management system for your site, please contact us.
Custom Web Applications
Early on, most websites functioned as online brochures. In other words, they didn't do much but sit there and look good! These days, the web is a real place for business, requiring that websites can take in data, process it, and deliver back results. A great example of this is the common shopping cart, but if you need something that is exclusive to your site or service, it may need to be custom built, and Design Chemistry can deliver. Here are two examples:
- One of our clients came to us with need for an RMA system; something that would allow them to manage all of their returned products, and do that from any company computer, in real time. Our solution was to create a web-based, custom software application that all company employees could access with their web browsers. And because it's web based, we can customize it and add features as their business grows with no software updates, downloads or installation being necessary.
- A small-package delivery service needed a way to track all their customers as well as each route their delivery drivers use. We created a robust, flexible, and easily expandable custom web application to handle it all. And again, the application is accessible by web browser to all those who need it.
If this is giving you some ideas about how we can help you meet a challenge for your company or your customers, we'll put our sizable craniums to work on a solution for you, so please contact us today.
Did somebody say, "makin' money on the web"? Yeah...now we're talking. E-commerce is what makes the Web go 'round, and Design Chemistry is Dayton's e-commerce headquarters. Whether you need a simple order form, or a full blown shopping cart that can handle a serious pile of retail items, we can build your site to bring home the bacon 24/7.
From product pages that load quickly and look great, to ready-made or custom built shopping carts with detailed e-commerce/ROI tracking stats, we know what makes online business tick. So trust our experience for a reliable and profitable e-commerce site. For a free estimate, contact us today.
Usability Testing and Accessibility
Steve Krug summed up usability with the title of his book "Don't Make Me Think!". If your site visitors are having to think in order to get around on your site, they're probably thinking about leaving.
"Not my web site", you say? Consider these facts before you rule it out:
- Being graphically-oriented-creative-types, many web designers lean toward style & concept over useability.
- High familiarity with your own site means it's second nature for you to get around on it, even if it's really complex.
- Browser types, versions, and settings can create display problems that can inhibit or prohibit useability.
- Those with sensory impairments may not be able to see or hear important content if the site is not coded with them in mind.
Any of these problems can cost you conversions, so they shouldn't be ignored. Site stats such as time-on-site (TOS), and pages-per-visit (PPV) can be revealing if you take time to watch them closely. If both are very low or just don't make sense, you may want to consider having a useability/accessibility audit to analyze your site and identify problems.
Design Chemistry can accurately assess your site design with an impartial eye and tell you what's wrong. Also, it's common for us to find other issues during our analysis. For instance, Keyword targeting and content relevance can also effect the same site stats as usability issues, so we'll alert you to any of those potential problems too.
If your website is not making you money, let us create one that will!